Saturday, November 23, 2013

Catching Fire - Cosplaying at the movies

So last year me and Dejathoris dressed up as Katniss and Effie. This year we decided that we would go as Capitol people. However, unbeknownst to me, Dejathoris just upped Effie to a while new level.Her claim is that Effie is still a Capitol Person and I agree.
 

I decided to go as a Capitol citizen who was supporting Katniss "The Girl On Fire". This involved all black outfit: Peplum top and shiny black skinny jeans, matched with my ridiculous red boots that I love. (After I move I'm just going to take a picture of all my shoes, since I obviously can't while wearing them). The makeup was a little more involved. I took and old Wet'nWild stencil from their 2012 Halloween collection. I didn't realize when I bought the stencils that they were one time use. They had a light adhesive that surprisingly didn't ruin my base makeup. Using the (repurchased)
Beletto I used three colours Starla (Yellow), Eternal Flame (Orange) and Ruby (Red). After carefully airbrushing the yellow, orange, and red (in that order) I took off the stencil. I then lined my eyes in black and put a bit of charcoal eye shadow on my crease for depth. I sprinkled on some gold glitter for sparkle. For my lips I used the same three beletto colours but painted them on with a lip brush.  Sealed everything with my "Up all Nighter" Urban Decay spray.

Efiie was actually Dejathoris' Allestra shirt and Medusa's waist cincher. The dress was another piece re-purposed from the costume closet. Paired with patterned tights and purple pumps. The wig was a wig we'd purchased for Ruby Rohd that never actualized. Using Claire's purple hair chalk depth was added. The fur collar was also hair chalked. The eyes were a blend of exotic-eyes and Katy Perry brand eyelashes. The shadow was a four year old MAC holiday collection. And liquid liner from Claire's was used both for purple lips and eye definition. Accessories were added in the purple crystal butterfly theme and the facinator were from a nice little accessory store in Northland Mall called "New Look Fashions". Awesome place, lots of bargain finds!

Random Notes:
- Guavious let me put gold eyeliner on him, and wore a black shirt and dark denin as per Cinna-spiration. However, none of it showed up well on film and you could barely tell. Which is OK because he begrudgingly wore gold eyeliner.
-  I wrote most of this on my phone, so if there are typos I'm sorry
- The movie was awesome and I can't wait to see what they do for the Mockingjay!

As always, all our photos are up on our Flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment