Sunday, February 26, 2012

Wonder Woman - It's all in the Details

Leading up to Halloween, I was sort of stuck on the sidelines. Most of the costume involved sewing which is Dejathoris' main domain. Don't get me wrong, I kinda know how to sew, but I can't whip up a costume, let alone a skirt in less than ten minutes like she can!

So I decided to undertake a very detailed three day process. To ensure proper nail preparedness (dry nails before each step) I waited overnight before moving on. Turning my nails into Wonder Woman-esque Nails! I thought I would share the pics:

- Step One, Paint with base red.Keep in mind, I always use a base coat to help prevent staining and to assist in proper nail health and all that jazz. I am particularly fond of Essie's All in one Base.
- Step Two, using reinforcements, a tip I picked up on Jezebel.com cover the base of the nail. That way when you're painting the tips you get the perfect curve. Reinforcements also don't peel off the base coat, like tape will in many cases.









- Step Three, I WANTED to use those sticker templates to paint gold stars onto each nail. However, those things are garbage. They rip right off and are essentially a one nail use. Unless I'm using it wrong. However, this is the second time I tried, and I got the same results. After all that work,  only one nail got the gold star. I then painted stripes inbetween the blue and red.

- Step Four: TOP COAT! If you're going to spend three days painting your nails, you're going to want your work to last!

No comments:

Post a Comment