Thursday, April 19, 2012

Inspiration - From Coldplay to Game of Thrones?

Alright, super quick post tonight... I went to the Coldplay concert in Calgary last night and it was awesome... It also gave me a GREAT idea for our upcoming Game of Thrones EXTRAVAGANZA!
(I love this picture from Entertainment Weekly! I just had to borrow it!)

Some background information, if I haven't mentioned it yet, we're working on a Game of Thrones EXTRAVAGANZA for Norwescon 36. I'm trying to come up with a way to create the pulsing ruby that Melissandre wears and Coldplay gave me some wicked inspiration!

 Last night, they had the ushers handing out these ridiculous vinyl and plastic wrist bands. Then throughout all the breaks between opening bands they kept reminding the audience to put on their wristbands...

Why? Because during the show, they light up and each colour reacted differently to different music sounds (obviously masterminded to some wireless signal)! 







Well, this wireless piece of lighted technology is going to be dissected to hopefully come up with an affordable pulsing ruby!!



 And because I have a few extra pictures left over, here are some of the crazy shenanigans Coldplay was up to during the concert!


No comments:

Post a Comment